Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 768342
Incorrect work of Resource Group Metric Graph portlet
Last modified: 2014-09-05 13:31:41 EDT
Description of problem:
Problem in portlet "Resource Group Metric Graph":
Duplicate records in metric lookup list in portlet settings(see attachment).
Graph displays only one resource metric.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Reproduced on 4.2.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add a resource group of two or more resources
2. Add Resource Group Metric Graph portlet
3. Open portlet settings and add resource group to assigned groups list
4. Choose any metric for group
1. Metric lookup list on portlet settings form contains duplicate records (for each resource in a group, I guess)
2. Metric graph displays metric only for one resource from the group
1. Correct metric selection in portlet settings, wothout duplicates
2. Metric graph for resource group, displaying summarized metrics
Created attachment 547760 [details]
Portlet settings screenshot
This is still present in RHQ 4.4 :-(
Ick. I'm guessing that the parent implementation gui class got refactored in some way and we didn't realize that we nicked these widgets.
We heavily use dynamic groups at our client, this is a big blocker for us :/
The single-member graphing issue was resolved in an earlier release. The duplicates in the settings is solved here.
Master commit 16c6dbf7d3fc6d1a2614cd34b255853e09f0be45
Author: Jay Shaughnessy <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Sep 5 13:28:57 2014 -0400
 Incorrect work of Resource Group Metric Graph portlet
The datasouce backing this select item had issues. Fixed that. Also,
fix a tangential issue in the MeasurementScheduleCriteria resource type