Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 771799
ibus-mozc [the shortcuts to change input on the language-bar are not working]
Last modified: 2012-03-04 23:48:19 EST
Description of problem:
First, forgive me if it is a user mistake.
Secondly, there is not component selection "ibus-mozc" on the bug form. I have selected mozc.
I have installed ibus-mozc from the repo. Default installation. Conversion shortcuts work fine when I input words. However the shortcut to change input on the language bar:
- Direct input
- Wide latin
- Half-width katakana
are not working.
For what I have seen on my system:
- Composition/Precomposition | Hiragana | Set input mode to Hiragana > Not working.
- Composition/Precomposition | Muhenkan | Switch kana type > Not working.
I created a custom shortcut:
- Precomposition | Ctl+. | Switch kana type > Not working
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Name : ibus-mozc
Arch : i686
Version : 1.3.911.102
Release : 1.fc15
I am using Fedora 15 (en_US) on a Japanese notebook.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Switch to ibus-mozc input
2. Any shortcut to change kana/latin/direct input are not working
Selection by a right click on the icon in the language bar, and one more click on the kana selection.
Switching kana/latin with from the keyboard
I can use the default shortcuts (see above) when with ibus-anthy.
Thanks for filing a bug to upstream as well. just for record:
This issue seems fixed in the latest updates, 1.3.975.102-1.
Not fixed for me, unless I do something wrong.
- The katakan/hiragan key does not toggle input as expected.
- No way to swap latin/kana input from the keyboard (not as a conversion method, but as a input selection)
The only improvement I see is the Caps Lock key toggles "direct input" (hiragana) to "Latin (capital letters), but not in the way I expect it.
I used anthy-ibus. That's was straight forward,
1. Shift-Space to turn Japanese input ON/OFF
2. Alt+. to change Hiragana, Katakana or Latin (either use the keyboard key)
3. Latin input was like typing in English
1. the latin input behaves as the Hiragan input ( the letters are underlined and I have to push enter to confirm the full word)
2. I don't get shortcut working (conversion shortcut works, but -- unless this is the design, I can not easily switch from Latin, to Hiragana, to Katakana).
3. The only way to switch from one input to another is to use the mouse and to r-click on the mozec language bar.
Note: This could be a user mistake. Could anyone try on a English OS and get back to me.
1. Pushing caps lock switches from Kana to Latin.
2. I can't swap from Kana to direct input.
3. I can't swap from Hiragana to Katakana
Muhenkan shortcut is not working for me.
hankaku/zenkaku shortcut not working for me.
hiragana/katkana shortcut is not working for me.
I should have tested before commenting repeatedly along the bug report.
I have created a custom shortcut Change Kana input using Ctrl +1.
The setting is ineffective.
Could you possibly re-open this bug report for the second time?
there is a separated issue about keyboard shortcut not working on Linux & Mozec, see:
Suject: Support "Set input mode to X" commands on Linux
Or let me know if I rather open a new bug report about the issue. Thank you.
There are actually no reason to keep opening a mozc bug here except packaging bug, because of their commit policy - plus, we don't want to have any patches in the package that not accepted by upstream. so you always better filing a bug to upstream.
I see. Thank you for the explanation.