Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 77194
Some typo's fixed in Dutch .po file of Anaconda installer
Last modified: 2013-01-10 16:29:21 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020830
Description of problem:
As I found some Dutch typo's during installation of Red Hat Linux 8.0,
I checked the Dutch .po files of the Anaconda installation program with
To check if these were not already fixed in the current Rawhide version of
Red Hat Linux I downloaded "anaconda-8.0.1-0.200210251511.src.rpm" from a
local Red Hat mirror.
Included is a new "nl.po" file meant for Anaconda.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Red Hat Linux 8.0 with Dutch language.
See some Dutch typo's.
Don't want to see Dutch typo's.
Used KBabel 0.96 on the "nl.po" in "anaconda-8.0.1-0.200210251511.src.rpm".
Created attachment 83205 [details]
Fixed "nl.po" file based on "anaconda-8.0.1-0.200210251511.src.rpm"
I installed Red Hat Linux release 8.0.92 (Phoebe) and still noticed some
spelling errors and untranslated strings while installing in the Dutch language.
I'll include a new attachment below. (nl.po.patch.tar.gz)
This tarball contains :
drwxrwxr-x 2 peterve peterve 4096 dec 26 19:58 nl.po.20020904
drwxrwxr-x 2 peterve peterve 4096 dec 26 19:54 nl.po.20021226
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peterve peterve 36271 dec 26 19:54 nl.po.patch
I didn't knew what the proper procedure was for submitting fixes, so I'll
provide both the patch and the fixed "nl.po" file.
In the directory "nl.po.20020904" is the "nl.po" file i found in
(as found in anaconda-8.0.92-8.src.rpm)
In the directory "nl.po.20021226" is the translated and fixed "nl.po" file.
I used KBabel 1.0 as provided with Phoebe to find fuzzy and untranslated strings.
The patchfile is created with the command :
"diff -aur nl.po.20020904/nl.po nl.po.20021226/ >nl.po.patch"
The patchfile can be applied by the commands :
"patch -p1 <../nl.po.patch"
Created attachment 88919 [details]
Tarball containing both a patch and a new nl.po file
Thank you for the patch. The nl.po file has been updated and submitted to cvs. If you would
like to contribute Dutch translations to future Red Hat releases please consider requesting a
translator account via http://i18n.redhat.com.