I have a Xircom Realport 32bit cardbus 56kb modem/10/100 ethernet. I
worked fine with RedHat 6.0 and pcmcia-cs > 3.0.9.
After I upgraded to RH 6.1, the modem stopped working. According to dmesg
the modules find the hardware properly, but I can't get any response from
I discovered if I change the kudzu sysv init script to use "-s", everything
is back to normal. Later I found on the pcmcia-cs mailing list archives
that many other people where having the same problem.
*** Bug 8115 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 7864 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This should be fixed in kudzu-0.28, which will be in the
next rawhide release.