Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 801199
component outline rebuild all (latest) build issue
Last modified: 2016-09-20 01:02:51 EDT
Description of problem:
If you rebuild a component outline that has images built/pushed, the new build never transitions to become the (latest) if one of the targetimage builds experiences a failure.
On top of that, this new build cannot be pushed to any of the providers, the push buttons are not displaying even for the targetimages that were successfully built.
This only occurs when one of the targetimage builds has a failure. If all targetimage builds succeed, everything works correctly (latest builds gets latest tag as well as push button)
This means instead of addressing the single failure, everything has to be rebuilt again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. configure for all providers, mock,ec2,rhevm,vsphere
2. create a component outline
3. build it
4. push it
5. on the component outline detail page, rebuild all
6. using virt-manager, stop one of the libvirt builds for either rhevm or vsphere (to simulate failure)
7. notice that after the builds complete, this new build never becomes the "latest" (because of the single build error)
8. also notice, no push/upload buttons on the provider images
Patch has been posted: https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-March/009548.html
This issue has been fixed. Please verify the commit 352949c78676492f15a41d62a9b47cbee4b48904
This looks a lot better, good to go with the following rpms which is verified in a puddle, just not sure if it is a official puddle for beta5. Holding off until closer to the beta 5 release
[root@gs-bl460cg1-01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep aeolus | sort
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.