Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 801812
Upgrade from 3.0.0.GA to 3.0.1.CR6 - Failed to register server plugins NPE when changing Server Name field in installer
Last modified: 2015-02-01 18:27:51 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #801551 +++
Description of problem: I've been doing upgrade testing from JON 3.0.0.GA to JON.3.0.1.CR6. Steps to reproduce bellow are exactly what I did and may not be needed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build Number: bf8f49a:9fe6384
Steps to Reproduce:
1.have JON 3.0.0.GA with eap & ews plugin packs
2.inventory eap 5.1.2 instance
3.upgrade to 3.0.1.GA
4.upgrade eap&ews plugins to 3.0.1.GA
Actual results: There is a bunch of NPEs in server log. Server plugins causing NPEs and are not upgraded to 3.0.1 -> UI stil shows 3.0.0.GA version of them
Expected results: all serer plugins are upgraded
Additional info:I am attaching 3.0.1 server log
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-03-08 15:08:12 EST ---
Created attachment 568735 [details]
3.0.1.CR6 server log
--- Additional comment from email@example.com on 2012-03-08 22:09:52 EST ---
Is this reproducible?
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-03-09 06:50:50 EST ---
It is reporducible. But, I forgot to mention one important thing. I have changed "Server name" field on installation jsf page when upgrading to 3.0.1. Without changing "Server Name" this issue does not happen.
--- Additional comment from email@example.com on 2012-03-09 10:02:58 EST ---
Given Libor's comment: "I have changed "Server name" field on installation jsf page when upgrading to 3.0.1. Without changing "Server Name" this issue does not happen." I don't see this as a blocker for 3.0.1.
We should probably just reset the "Server Name" field and whatever other fields we don't support change on upgrades, when the upgrade option is selected. I'll leave this bug open for that, but drop the priority and take the target release off
In the meantime I'll raise a doc BZ for 3.0.1 to tell people not to change the "Server Name" field when upgrading.
Added a warning box to the upgrade procedure and I added a Q in the "troubleshooting" Q&A in the install guide.
This is also listed now as a known issue for the 3.0.1 release notes.
Oh, right, links:
Verified links from comment 2 and known issue for the 3.0.1 release notes.