Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 802933
freetype-2.4.9 is available
Last modified: 2012-04-03 18:41:18 EDT
Latest upstream release: 2.4.9
Current version in Fedora Rawhide: 2.4.8
Please consult the package updates policy before you issue an update to a stable branch: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy
More information about the service that created this bug can be found at:
2.4.9 is mainly a security release, fixing many potential vulnerabilities. All users should upgrade.
CHANGES BETWEEN 2.4.8 and 2.4.9
I. IMPORTANT BUG FIXES
- Another round of fixes to better handle invalid fonts. Many of
them are vulnerabilities (see CVE-2012-1126 up to CVE-2012-1144
and SA48320) so all users should upgrade.
- The `ENCODING -1 <n>' format of BDF fonts is now supported.
- For BDF fonts, support for the whole Unicode encoding range has
- Better TTF support for x_ppem != y_ppem.
- `FT_Get_Advances' sometimes returned bogus values.
- The demo programs no longer recognize and handle default
suffixes; you now have to always specify the complete font name.
- Better rendering and LCD mode cycling added to ftview.