Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 803380
User can't login into webadmin when is registered via groups
Last modified: 2015-03-04 19:17:48 EST
Description of problem:
Have group & user in it on AD/IPA. Add group as SuperUser to the system - the user should login to webadmin. Instead group status is 'Inactive' & user can't login to wpf.
(when group is added to VM as UserRole, then user can see the VM in UserPortal - it means this works).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% (also new setup, new group & user)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. see above
When adding group:
2012-03-14 15:58:04,756 INFO [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.AddSystemPermissionCommand] (pool-5-thread-49) [aab360a] Running command: AddSystemPermissionCommand internal: false. Entities affected : ID: aaa00000-0000-0000-0000-123456789aaa Type: System
When trying to login with user:
2012-03-14 16:21:24,943 WARN [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginAdminUserCommand] (http--0.0.0.0-8443-4) CanDoAction of action LoginAdminUser failed. Reasons:USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_TO_PERFORM_ACTION
It should be possible to register user via group.
I followed your instructions the following way:
1. Worked on oVirt code (you used WPF so this was kinda confusing, based my checks on oVirt code as you set the "product" to "oVirt".
2. Tried reproducing on commit hash 6670ebb6fffacaf45cfd25253250d236b68025de
3. Created a group in ad - yair_group
4. Created a user in ad - yair_group_member. Set it as member of yair_group
5. Used webadmin -> configure -> System permissions -> Add
6. Searched for the group yair_group, and selected it.
7. Granted it SuperUserRole.
8. Group is inactive in DB (did some trick with debugger to get to this situation)
9. I still manage to login.
Please advice how to reproduce.
I meant you used wpf in your bug description.
oh I shouldn't mention WPF, I mean webadmin...
basically - yes, your steps as same as I tried on latest RPM version available to me.
I take back what i said about upstream.
I reproduced upstream.
This bug is for upstream.
closing ON_QA bugs as oVirt 3.1 was released: