Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 803541
Last modified: 2012-08-15 12:44:39 EDT
The following is a list of features to be listed in the JDG Beta documentation as unsupported/unavailable features.
I recommend adding the list as-is to a single topic in the beta documentation. This allows users seeking a feature familiar to them from ISPN to get a result with the heading "Unavailable Features" and also is unobtrusive enough to not call out attention to features that are not available if users do not seek them specifically.
Need ACK from Alan, Tristan and possibly Manik regarding the list:
Unsupported EDG 6 Features
* Chaining Multiple Cache Loaders
* Embedded Mode
* Programmatic configuration
* Fluent programmatic configuration
* JBDM Cache Store
* Cassandra Cache Store
* Configuration Migration tools
* JTA Transactions
* Transaction recovery
* Transaction batching
* Use as a 2nd level cache for Hibernate
* Listener and Notification for Cache-level and CacheManager-level events
* Synchronous and Asynchronous Notification
* Configuration of Async Thread Pool
* Per-invocation flags
* Grouping API
* Custom Interceptors
* Key Affinity Service
* Cache Manager using CDI
* Custom Cache Configuration using CDI
* Cache Events using CDI
* Spring Integration
* Lucene Integration
* Cache Query
These features are gathered from the ERD. Is there anything on this list that should not be there (likely not but a sanity check is a good idea). Please comment with ACK if you are OK with this list as it stands.
looks correct to me - ack'd
Documented as ACKed here:
Setting this to ON_QA.
Is the Beta documentation supposed to talk only about Remote datagrid? If yes, than I would ACK the list.