Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 805515
RFE: login(1) like wrapper
Last modified: 2015-09-13 22:03:09 EDT
Description of problem:
there is a need for wrapper which will behave the same as login(1) which would allow us to execute commands like:
> qash [-u USER] COMMAND
This is a prerequisite for removing rhts-compat.
- refried's qa*r*sh utility
- this is running over network - we can not rely on network.
- this naturally does not allow executing commands.
- I thought of using screen (or other tools like that)
- may be unstable when screen itself is under test
- shall we use expect with login?
- would need special PAM or password in env.variable
- shall we fork one or the other upstream?
Bulk reassignment of issues as Bill has moved to another team.