Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 807330
RFE: Upgrade to version 2.2.3
Last modified: 2012-11-14 07:36:25 EST
Current vlock in Fedora is 1.3. The upstream link in spec file does not resolve anymore. But there is new upstream <http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~toidinamai/vlock/vlock.html>.
Please consider moving to this new upstream with latest 2.2.3 version released on 2011-09-18.
(In reply to comment #0)
> Current vlock in Fedora is 1.3. The upstream link in spec file does not
> resolve anymore. But there is new upstream
Inactive, but I found
(well it's again inactive, 2.2.3 is only tag in the git repo, no code
change since 2009-05-12)
> Please consider moving to this new upstream with latest 2.2.3 version
> released on 2011-09-18.
I have mental problem with the new upstream -- the original vlock is
pretty simple, pam auth + terminal stuff.
The new upstream is linked with glib, it has support for shared
modules and scripts (it calls scripts), it resolves dependencies
between the plugins, etc.
Sounds like infected by grub2 revolution...
If you think this is completely new project, refuse this report and leave the problem for (another) packager as a request for new package. I understand.
It seems that all the upstreams are inactive.
I'll try to merge the original small vlock-1.3 into util-linux -- it will be better than another one man project for one small util.
UPDATE: it seems that vlock have been merged into kbd utils:
so maybe after the next kdb release we will drop the vlock package from Fedora at all.
(Note, I have sent your --erase patch to Alexey who is kdb maintainer.)