Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 809621
Conductor shouldn't attempt to deploy if configserver is unavailable
Last modified: 2014-08-17 18:27:39 EDT
Description of problem:
If a working configserver becomes inactive, any attempts to launch a new application deployment will result in stuck deployments. The stuck deployments cannot be stopped or deleted. To prevent this, conductor should check to see if the configserver is operational, before launching.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
* 2 out of 2 attempts
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install and configure Aeolus conductor capable
2. Deploy and configure a working configserver
3. Update the cloud provider account information with valid configserver information
4. Make the configserver go away (block all traffic with iptables, or shut it down)
5. Attempt to launch an application that relies on configserver
The UI provides the following notifications:
> Failed to launch following component blueprints:
> systemNo route to host - connect(2)
* At this point, conductor shows a deployment in the 'new' state. It never leaves that state, and I cannot delete the application.
I'd expect to either ...
1) not be allow to deploy when the cfgserver is out of reach
2) or, be able to delete failed deployments that resulted from missing cfgserver
* See attached debug tarball
related to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=796528 possibly
I believe that patch for https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=796528 fixes this too.
Confirmed -- the patch for #796528 does resolve this issue. With an unreachable config server, instances go directly to create_failed state. It's on master, but not backported anywhere yet. I'm setting this to "modified" to match that bug.
The relevant commits on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=796528 are:
Though it sounds like QE isn't pleased with 796528 yet.
This bug is no longer an issue since deployment can be made even with a disabled configserver. The audrey agent simply receives a 503 status.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.