Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 810137
re-login to Fedora 17 Beta Live image causes fail whale
Last modified: 2012-04-18 00:53:33 EDT
Created attachment 575328 [details]
Description of problem:
With Beta RC3 Live Desktop image, I got fail whale when I clicked "Log Out..." from the status menu (that should trigger re-login).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. qemu-kvm -m 2G -net nic -net user -vnc :5 -cdrom Fedora-17-Beta-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso -boot d
2. Click "Live System User" on the right top corner
3. Click "Log Out..." button on the menu
log out, and then automatically re-log in.
log out, and got fail whale
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 810451 ***
Hmm, still I can reliably reproduce the problem with the final Beta live image.
I tried it with several different settings:
* run on kvm or baremetal
* host video drivers: intel or nvidia
* i686 or x86_64 image
* (on kvm) different display options (vnc, -vga std, and -vga cirrus)
and only with the baremetal cases, re-login works.
So I suspect this is an issue of gnome-shell software rendering (mesa or X11?).