Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 810537
Running [Manual Autodiscovery] operation fails
Last modified: 2015-11-01 19:42:41 EST
Created attachment 575786 [details]
RHQ server log
Description of problem: I am getting ugly error when I try to run Manual discovery or other operations using UI.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build Number: 61e6421
How reproducible: not sure
Steps to Reproduce:
1. setup 2 agents, 1 on localhost and 2nd on remote
2. import both platforms with all children
3. run Manual Audodiscovery operation using UI on local platform
org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.PluginContainerException: Failed to submit invocation request. resource=, operation=[discovery], jobId=[rhq-resource-10001--121207376-1333721908447_=_rhq-resource-10001_=_1333721926665]
Expected results: manual autodiscovery is successfull
Additional info: If I try to run 'Manual Autodiscovery' again, it take quite a long time (10 minutes) still unable to finish. In the meantime I can successfully run autodiscovery on remote agent without any problem.
In attached log I tried to uninventory both platforms while autodiscovery on local agent was still running
Currently above steps to reproduce are not 100% I am trying to find out more specific conditions to reproduce this BZ, but I hope server log could help devs figure out..
Libor do you still have the agent.log handy? With any bugs that deal with some sort of action that ultimately ends up on the agent side, a debug agent log as well as server side logs are very helpful. Thanks
A manual autoudiscovery operation worked for me but I didn't follow all of
the repro steps. Just tried it on my one (win) platform. I don't think
the issue here has to do with multiple platforms unless somehow the wrong
agent was sent the request.
The error is on the agent, which can't find the resource container for
resource 10001. Is the 10001 platform resource the one that processed
unfortunately I do not have agent.log anymore. I am sorry.
Anyway I cannot reproduce this BZ anymore. I reproduced it twice (in a row) on my automation, which always runs on latest master build.
Jay, yes, 10001 was the platform being operation invoked on.
I am closing, since this is not a bug anymore