Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load the BIOS optimized default.
2. Install RHEL6.2 64bit via USB DVD-ROM.
3. After OS installation completed, install the latest NIC driver ixgbe-3.8.21 and reboot.
4. Click "System"==>"Perferences"==>"Network Connections", and can't find NIC information from X
======>Can't find NIC in the X windows system after install NIC driver.
1. Can't find NIC in the X windows system under RHEL6.0 64bit after install NIC driver. ==>FAIL
2. Can't find NIC in the X windows system under RHEL6.1 64bit after install NIC driver. ==>FAIL
3. Can't find NIC in the X windows system under RHEL6.2 64bit after install NIC driver. ==>FAIL
4. Can find NIC in the X windows system under RHEL5.4 64bit after install NIC driver. ==>PASS
1. Under RHEL6.2 64bit, after create a new file "network" in the folder "/etc/sysconfig/", and add
the string "HOSTNAME=" in the file "network".
2. Reboot, can find NIC information from X windows system.
3. Verified with another MLB has the same phenomenon.
PS: Under RHEL5.4 64bit, the file /etc/sysconfig/network is exists, and the file is not exists under RHEL6.2.
The NIC is Intel 82599EN, the document refer to
This hardware will be supported in RHEL 6.3, there's already an update bug open for the driver which includes this hardware. Marking as Duplicate and closing.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 737715 ***
hi, the issue was fixed in rhel6.3 beta, suggest to close it.