Bug 811877 - IE9-Unable to get French/Japanese language on conductor
IE9-Unable to get French/Japanese language on conductor
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 801825
Product: CloudForms Cloud Engine
Classification: Red Hat
Component: aeolus-conductor (Show other bugs)
1.0.0
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: rc
: ---
Assigned To: Angus Thomas
wes hayutin
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-04-12 04:28 EDT by Rehana
Modified: 2012-05-07 13:55 EDT (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2012-05-07 13:55:06 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
ss1 (109.76 KB, image/png)
2012-04-12 04:28 EDT, Rehana
no flags Details
ss2 (129.11 KB, image/png)
2012-04-12 04:28 EDT, Rehana
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Rehana 2012-04-12 04:28:14 EDT
Created attachment 576992 [details]
ss1

Description of problem:


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1.Changed the language setting of ie9 from tools--> internet options -->general -->appearance -->Languages --> selected (fr-FR) for French (ja-JP) for Japanese -->click ok
2.Now access the conductor

  
Actual results:
Observed that the conductor came up only in English when selected French/Japanese and also observed that all the other websites like google came up in selected languages.

PFA:ss1.png,ss2.png

Expected results:
It should load conductor in selected language

Additional info:
rpm -qa| grep aeolus
aeolus-conductor-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-configure-2.5.2-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-conductor-daemons-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-image-0.3.0-12.el6.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-cli-0.3.1-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-all-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-conductor-doc-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
Comment 1 Rehana 2012-04-12 04:28:42 EDT
Created attachment 576993 [details]
ss2
Comment 2 Jan Provaznik 2012-04-12 04:36:37 EDT
It seems there is a bug in processing language codes in conductor. IE9 sends languages in this format:
["ja-JP", "fr-FR;q=0.5"]

And conductor doesn't removes '-JP' part from language string correctly. So then it tries to find locale file 'ja-JP' instead of 'ja'. Though looks like an easy fix after brief look.
Comment 3 wes hayutin 2012-04-13 09:04:17 EDT
(In reply to comment #2)
> It seems there is a bug in processing language codes in conductor. IE9 sends
> languages in this format:
> ["ja-JP", "fr-FR;q=0.5"]
> 
> And conductor doesn't removes '-JP' part from language string correctly. So
> then it tries to find locale file 'ja-JP' instead of 'ja'. Though looks like an
> easy fix after brief look.

FYI.. I'm 99% sure we were able to get the translations working on an upgraded build of IE9.  However if there is a required fix, then lets try it
Comment 4 Rehana 2012-04-16 08:05:05 EDT
I got more clear steps now.Hope this will help to find out the cause.

The reason for my observation was i had a Firefox session having conductor on English. So when ever i change the language of IE9 and access the same host it used to always come in English.
So i did a test with below steps:

1. Access conductor with English from FF
2. Now From IE9 change the language to French/Japanese and access the same host
(Result: It session opens only in English)
3. Now change the FF language setting to French/Japanese and just access the conductor
4. Try refreshing the page of IE9
(Result: The conductor loads in French/Japanese as per the FF setting)

Actual result:

So the IE9 settings is always getting loaded with language used by last request from FF.

Expected result:

I feel the language setting on conductor(IE9) should only depends up on the language setting of the browser(IE9) and not any other browsers(like Firefox)

Addition info:

 rpm -qa | grep aeolus
aeolus-conductor-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-configure-2.5.2-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-conductor-daemons-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-image-0.3.0-12.el6.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-cli-0.3.1-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-all-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
aeolus-conductor-doc-0.8.7-1.el6.noarch
Comment 5 wes hayutin 2012-04-16 11:03:23 EDT
interesting.. Angus will want to read this.  This may be fixed by a patch matty_dubs has submitted but is not in beta6
Comment 7 Matt Wagner 2012-04-16 14:42:55 EDT
It looks like the patch for this didn't make its way onto 1.0-product. The commit appears to have been 7dc0c497d9c6d8ceef910f120af2ed47df2a64b3 on master.
Comment 8 Dave Johnson 2012-04-30 12:27:01 EDT
Moving to on_qa for re_testing.  It sounds like a issue with the way IE is configured on that particular box.  There is some documentation around configuring IE for proper rendering.
Comment 9 Dave Johnson 2012-05-02 15:31:16 EDT
So I retested this and it appears that ja and fr work great in IE8 & IE9 but if you try to use ja-JP or fr-FR, language translation does not happen.
Comment 10 Dave Johnson 2012-05-07 13:55:06 EDT

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 801825 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.