Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 811906
Network configuration problems with static ip
Last modified: 2016-04-26 17:50:01 EDT
Description of problem:
Configuring network on ovirt-node cause many problems. For example: changing hostname clears dns and ntp fields.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install ovirt-node
2. open network configuration dialog
3. configure one network interface with static ip
4. apply changes
5. change localhost hostname to desired one, enter nameservers ips
Hostname is changed, but nameservers fields are cleared, so as ntp servers fields.
Nameservers and ntp servers fields not to be cleaned.
General network configuration is very problematic, causes many problems which makes registration of nodes in manager hard and long.
I think some of the pending patches will solve these issues, but please test the use case mentioned here.
I coudl reproduce this problem and suppose that the following patch fixes this (and other) issue:
I tested this like this:
1. Install a fresh o-node-2.3.0
2. apply teh patch to ovirt-config-setup
3. open Network dialog
4. configure one nic with a static ip (10.0.0.1/24 gw .254)
5. change the localhostname by appending 22
7. set a ntp server and apply
the ntp server occurs again