Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 81334
Anaconda crashes when attempting to upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:49:35 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212
Description of problem:
When I attempt to upgrade my Red Hat 7.2 sytem to Red Hat 8.0, Anaconda crashes,
producing the core dump that is attached to this report.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Insert Disc 1 of installation media
2. Click "Upgrade"
3. Choose to not update LILO
Created attachment 89208 [details]
Core dump from crashed Anaconda
This is probably NOTABUG. If you check the release notes for Red Hat Linux 8.0,
it informs you that attempting to upgrade your Red Hat Linux distribution with
Ximian Gnome installed will _not_ work and will cause problems.
* Third party package slib-2d1-ximian.8 could cause problems.
* Third party package gnome-user-docs-184.108.40.206-ximian.2 could cause problems.
* Third party package libgtkhtml19-0.16.1-ximian.1 could cause problems.
* Third party package UnscalableGorilla-0.4-1.ximian.1 could cause problems.
* Third party package libgtkhtml16-0.13.0-ximian.1 could cause problems.
* Third party package librsvg-devel-1.0.3-1.ximian.2 could cause problems.
Please read the release notes on how to remove Ximian Gnome from your system, or
back up your existing data to disk and then wipe your machine and do a fresh
In addition, your rpm database appears to be corrupted (see the numerous
messages about invalid indices), which was a known (and since fixed) problem
with some older version of red carpet.