Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 817127
print dialog has multiple deficiencies
Last modified: 2012-04-28 01:20:55 EDT
Description of problem:
There are numerous deficiencies in the print dialog.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1) Not all paper sizes available in the print driver are listed in the paper
2) paper sizes listed in Format -> Page -> Page - Paper format -> Format are
available under the printing paper sizes.
3) Cannot change the media type under Print -> Properties -> Device -> Media
4) Because of #3, if a single sided media is in media type it cannot be changed
to a two-sided type so duplexing options are not available under Two-Sided.
5) Slow drying paper cannot be set to any other value than the default for the
6) Not all the trays are listed under paper source.
I am certain there are other issues, but these are the ones that come to the
forefront as I write.
In order to be able to print two-sided in LibreOffice, I have had to select a
two-sided letter as the default media in CUPS. Because of #1 and #3, no
envelope sizes are available.
Often, in order to print something other than letter size, I have to export to
PDF and then print in AdobeReader. Interestingly, the AdobeReader print dialog
has all the printer options and paper sizes available.
Other print dialogs for program such as kate, firefox, thunderbird, kwrite,
gimp,xtuple PostBooks, and every other print dialog I have recently tried
worked just fine.
This was reported upstream.