Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 82005
[PATCH] Support for Bulgarian
Last modified: 2013-01-10 16:30:07 EST
Here is a patch that add support for Bulgarian along with a translation.
P.S. I have a cvs account on i18n.redhat.com, should I've tried to commit this
Created attachment 89407 [details]
proposed patch with Bulgarian support
pgampe is in change of all of our translations, so I'm transferring this bug to
him. I'm not sure if you should commit directly to i18n.redhat.com or not. Paul?
Yanko, yes the best way to proceed is to commit your translations directly to CVS. Once the
anaconda family of modules are fully translated we can begin the process of adding Bulgarian
as a installation language option.
I think there is some misunderstanding.
The patch has the Bulgarian translation _and_ the support for the Bulgarian
locale in redhat-config-language.
I've commited the bulgarian translation but I dont' have the permission to
commit the other parts of it.
The support for Bulgarian in redhat-config-language should not be tied to the
availability of the other translations, after all Bulgarian cannot be used for
instalation and in most situations currerntly the bulgarian locale is not even
installed. The support in r-c-l would only show up if the user has manualy
This is the same as the current support for other locales (say be_BY.UTF-8 utf8
latarcyrheb-sun16 Belarusian) which are not officially suported by the installation.
Hi Yanko. Thanks for committing the translations to cvs. I think that cvs is
set up so that translators have commit access to the translation modules but not
the source code. I added the patch that applies to locale-list and committed
that to cvs.
redhat-config-language-1.0.2-2 should include Bulgarian support and should
appear in Rawhide in the next day or so. Thanks again for your help. QA,
please test to see that redhat-config-language now configures
/etc/sysconfig/i18n for Bulgarian now.
1.0.2-2 works for me
Created attachment 89710 [details]
UTF-8<->CP1251 patch for redhat-config-language.desktop
Realized there is a problem with my translation of
I've translated the entries in UTF-8 but didn't notice the encoding of this
particular desktop file is defined as Legacy-Mixed.
Either you plan on moving the desktop file to Encoding=UTF-8 (as most of the
other redhat-config-* files. Or you could apply the attached patch which
recodes the [bg] entries to CP1251.
Sorry if thats any trouble.
I can see that 1.0.3-2 fixes the .desktop encoding problem