Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 830187
Package auto suggest shows packages of other organization's repositories.
Last modified: 2014-09-18 12:47:18 EDT
Created attachment 590438 [details]
Screenshot of auto suggest and CLI.
Description of problem:
Package auto suggest shows packages of other organization's repositories when you try to add package on a template of organization which has no rerositories.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make sure you already have created organization, provider, product, valid and synchronized repository (for example "http://inecas.fedorapeople.org/fakerepos/zoo3/")
2. In that organization, go to Content Management > System Templates and add a New Template.
3. Select just created template and try to add package there. You will se that when you type for example "lion" in package name input box, it suggests "lion", which is correct. You can try to add package groups as well, by typing "birds" in input field and see the suggested package group "birds", which is correct as well.
4. Now create a new organization.
5. Go to that organization and in Content Management > System Templates add a New Template.
6. Select that just created template and try to add package there.
7. As this new created organization does not have repository, it supposes that there should not be any package there. But when you type something in the name input box of adding new package (for example "lion"), it will suggest package "lion", which is wrong. THIS IS THE ISSUE.
8. But when you try to add new package group to that template, it will not suggest anything. This is correct.
In any case it will not add that package to template when you try to save, and will show an exception. In CLI also it will show exception.
As described in step 7, it suggests packages when you type in package name input box.
There should not be any suggestions for packages, package groups and repositories, when you try to add packages, package groups or repositories to templates which organization has not repository.
When adding some valid repo to last create organization (for example http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/v1/testing/fedora-15/x86_64/), auto suggest shows packages of this repo plus packages of repos of other organizations.
Please find screenshot of menioned auto suggest and CLI error when adding wrong package to template.
confirmed, this should be fixed in Pulpv2 branch.
As "System Templates" are already removed from Katello, this but is already not actual.