Bug 831073 - can't rename product/version/edition
can't rename product/version/edition
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Publican
Classification: Community
Component: publican (Show other bugs)
3.0
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: 3.0
: ---
Assigned To: Jeff Fearn
Misty Stanley-Jones
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-06-12 03:00 EDT by xuezhi ma
Modified: 2014-06-18 03:04 EDT (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: 3.0.0
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2012-10-30 23:11:04 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description xuezhi ma 2012-06-12 03:00:30 EDT
Description of problem:
When I rename a product/version/edition name with command:
$ publican rename --product new_product_name
a message is out:name is a required parameter at /usr/bin/publican line 1034, but in user guide, product name can be changed by command:$ publican rename --product new_product_name


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
3.0

How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.$publican create --name Test_Book
2.$publican rename --product new_product_name 
3.
  
Actual results:
name is a required parameter at /usr/bin/publican line 1034

Expected results:
Product name can be changed

Additional info:
Comment 1 Jeff Fearn 2012-06-24 02:35:56 EDT
Made --name optional as per documentation.

To ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/publican.git
   a26921c..4a5866f  master -> master
Comment 2 Misty Stanley-Jones 2012-06-29 01:25:35 EDT
I ran this command: publican rename --product new_product_name

It gave no errors. I verified that the product name was changed in Book_Info.xml: 

<productname>new_product_name</productname>

I did an extra test to verify that the product name changes even if I am using the info_file: parameter to point to a different file for <bookinfo> tag. To do this, I moved the <bookinfo> element and child elements from Book_Info.xml to Test_Book.xml. I removed the xi:include to Book_Info.xml and removed the file itself. I then ran the rename command the same as before, and verified that the <productname> was changed in the correct file.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.