Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 834782
empathy stops working after resume: unable to connect to telepathy account manager
Last modified: 2012-09-27 08:58:35 EDT
Description of problem:
After resuming from suspend, empathy stops working / connecting.
The error returned after starting it and waiting 10s or so, is:
Error contacting the Account Manager
There was an error while trying to connect to the Telepathy Account Manager. The error was:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
This seems related to launchpad bug 992619, only I don't use apparmor on Fedora :-p.
I can confirm that either restarting or killing both empathy and mission-control-5 fixes the issue (that is, until the next suspend + resume).
I had a look at audit.log and messages.log after starting setroubleshootd, but didn't find anything relevant.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Always after suspend + resume on Thinkpad X121e.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to Internet and check empathy works
2. Suspend and resume
3. Open empathy
After ~10 seconds, errors pops up. Cannot open the account window, nor connect to any account.
Empathy works :-)
can you check and see if this is fixed with telepathy-mission-control 5.12.1
I tried with a couple of resume-and-suspends, and I can't reproduce this specific bug. However, no contact shows up in Empathy unless I remove geometry.ini in ~/.config/Empathy, kill it and start it again.
I suppose it is a different problem though (and I can see it in Debian too, maybe it's related to some contact information retrieved from the server).
Thanks. Fixed for me.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I tried with a couple of resume-and-suspends, and I can't reproduce this
> specific bug. However, no contact shows up in Empathy unless I remove
> geometry.ini in ~/.config/Empathy, kill it and start it again.
> I suppose it is a different problem though (and I can see it in Debian too,
> maybe it's related to some contact information retrieved from the server).
> Thanks. Fixed for me.
Thanks, it worked for me too.