Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 837648
Last modified: 2012-11-01 10:03:05 EDT
Description of problem:
Some automation could help us ensure the integrity of this package. In particular:
- QA assist script to:
- Check existance of DocumentationPath.csv in expected location.
- Check existance of PDF files in expected locations and with expected names.
- Check existance of index.html files in expected locations and with expected names.
- Check existance of files specified in DocumentationPath.csv.
- Language should be an optional command line argument, so we can perform the same checks for the translated versions of the package.
- Build script to:
- Automatically tag latest versions of all RHEV 3.1 guides in docs-rhel-6 or docs-rhel-6-candidate based on command line argument.
As an addition a script to automate the create of a package for a new language would probably be helpful too. I have documented the way to do it in doc space but it's pretty convoluted. Something like
./rhevm-doc.sh new-lang <langcode> <version>
./rhevm-doc.sh update-lang <langcode> <version>
The first one should generate the SRPM that needs to be sent to rel-eng to be imported into dist-git and the second one should clone it, tag the latest packages, and kick off a build.
Flagging for rhevm-future?, there is still a lot we want/need to do in this area.