Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 838167
Autogroups don't generate shareable links in the RHQ UI
Last modified: 2015-02-01 18:29:04 EST
Steps to reproduce:
1) Log into RHQ as User1
2) Pick a platform and click on an Autogroup from the tree, e.g. the CPUs folder
3) Record the url in the browser, e.g. http://ec2-184-72-193-95.compute-1.amazonaws.com:7080/coregui/#Resource/AutoGroup/10015
4) Log out of RHQ and log back in as User2
5) Pick the platform from step 2) and click on the same Autogroup from the tree, e.g. the CPUs folder
6) Record the url in the brower, e.g. http://ec2-184-72-193-95.compute-1.amazonaws.com:7080/coregui/#Resource/AutoGroup/10008
7) Note that the URLs are different between step 3) and 6)
8) While still logged in as User2 paste the URL from step 3) into the browser
9) Note you get an error message: "Group with id  does not exist or is not accessible" and are redirected to the main Inventory page, versus being taken to the expected Autogroup
This may be an issue with AutoCluster groups too, but I haven't checked those.
If we are going to make Autogroups linkable, then those links should be shareable between users, e.g.
where X is the id of the parent resource and y is the id of the autogroups resource type.