Bug 839636 - self-test fails (test018-syncreplication-persist failed for bdb)
self-test fails (test018-syncreplication-persist failed for bdb)
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Classification: Red Hat
Component: openldap (Show other bugs)
7.0
Unspecified Unspecified
high Severity high
: rc
: ---
Assigned To: Jan Synacek
Eduard Benes
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-07-12 09:20 EDT by Ondrej Moriš
Modified: 2014-06-18 09:46 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: openldap-2.4.31-4.el7
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-06-13 06:24:50 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Ondrej Moriš 2012-07-12 09:20:59 EDT
Description of problem:

Openldap contains a very uselful and reliable upstream self-test, however it was passing successfully on all RHEL releases, on RHEL7 it fails.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

openldap-2.4.31-2.el7

How reproducible:

100%

Steps to Reproduce:

1. build source rpm
2. run 'make check' in build directory
  
Actual results:

>>>>> test018-syncreplication-persist failed for bdb

Expected results:

All tests pass, make check exits with 0 (success).

Additional info:

Notice that 'make check' routine is (intentionally) not a part of build process due to high running time.
Comment 1 Jan Vcelak 2012-07-18 14:12:07 EDT
I believe this was caused by the combination of the default linker settings in RHEL-7 and the way how we built OpenLDAP. Otherwise I cannot explain the error about missing symbols.

Anyway, I have cleaned up the build process of the package. Now we are building the libraries, clients, and server at once. (Previously client and server was built separately to avoid possible stray dependencies. I have added --as-needed linker flag with the same effect and possibly safer.) And the test passes now.

Please, can you try with openldap-2.4.31-4.el7?

$ rpm -i openldap-2.4.31-4.el7.src.rpm
...
$ rpmbuild -vv -bc ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/openldap.spec
...
$ cd ~/rpmbuild/BUILD/openldap-2.4.31/openldap-2.4.31/tests
$ ./run -b bdb test018
Running ./scripts/test018-syncreplication-persist for bdb...
running defines.sh
Starting provider slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
Using ldapsearch to check that provider slapd is running...
Using ldapadd to create the context prefix entry in the provider...
Starting consumer slapd on TCP/IP port 9014...
Using ldapsearch to check that consumer slapd is running...
Using ldapadd to populate the provider directory...
Waiting 7 seconds for syncrepl to receive changes...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the provider...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the consumer...
Filtering provider results...
Filtering consumer results...
Comparing retrieved entries from provider and consumer...
Stopping the provider, sleeping 10 seconds and restarting it...
Using ldapsearch to check that provider slapd is running...
Waiting 7 seconds for consumer to reconnect...
Using ldapmodify to modify provider directory...
Using ldappasswd to change some passwords...
Waiting 7 seconds for syncrepl to receive changes...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the provider...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the consumer...
Filtering provider results...
Filtering consumer results...
Comparing retrieved entries from provider and consumer...
Stopping consumer to test recovery...
Modifying more entries on the provider...
Restarting consumer...
Waiting 7 seconds for syncrepl to receive changes...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the provider...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the consumer...
Filtering provider results...
Filtering consumer results...
Comparing retrieved entries from provider and consumer...
Try updating the consumer slapd...
Trying to change some passwords on the consumer...
Waiting 7 seconds for syncrepl to receive changes...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the provider...
Using ldapsearch to read all the entries from the consumer...
Filtering provider results...
Filtering consumer results...
Comparing retrieved entries from provider and consumer...
>>>>> Test succeeded
Comment 5 Ludek Smid 2014-06-13 06:24:50 EDT
This request was resolved in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0.

Contact your manager or support representative in case you have further questions about the request.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.