Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 840008
Versions of the same rule show only latest diagram in Business Central
Last modified: 2012-08-17 16:22:06 EDT
Description of problem:
When viewing an instance of a process in the business central, it only shows the latest version of the process diagram, even for processes that are older than the newly deployed process that are still running.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a process with a human task to stall the process.
2. Create an instance of the process and view it in business central (Will see process stalled at human workflow node)
3. Update the process with a new task node and save the image
4. Create an instance of the new process
5. View both the new and older process instance images, both will be drawn against the newer process image. The older process does not seem to retain its original image
Expect the older processes to display the correct image for the version of the process.
This is something that will ensure the customer is going to question the software true capabilities.
When you need two versions of the same process to be available in the engine at the same time, you should make sure both versions of the process are still available on guvnor. They should have a different id (but share the same name, just a changed version number, e.g. id's com.sample.evaluation-1.0 and com.sample.evaluation-2.0). That way, the process image associated with each of these processes will also be using a different name.