Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 840599
subscription-manager getting started manual needs updates for rhel59
Last modified: 2013-01-07 22:57:13 EST
Description of problem:
The Getting Started on-line help docs that are launched from the subscription-manager-gui needs some updates due to new gui changes in rhel59.
1. figure 1 and 4 need to be re-captured to capture the menu bar which has replaced the toolbar buttons
2. figures 2 and 3 seem to be missing
3. references in the doc to click the toolbar buttons should be changed to select the new menu bar item.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
[root@dell-per905-01 ~]# rpm -q subscription-manager
Steps to Reproduce:
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion
in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. Product Management has
requested further review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for
potential inclusion in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux release for currently
deployed products. This request is not yet committed for inclusion in
Committed to master:
Re: the description:
1. I updated figures 1 and 4.
2. The pngs for figures 2 and 3 were in the figures/ directory, so I don't know why Gnome wasn't picking them up. They don't really add anything, though, so I just cut the reference.
3. I found three or four references to the icons or button menu, and I changed that to the new (System) menu.
Created attachment 612987 [details]
Figure 1 Red Hat Subscription Manager Main Screen (from getting started doc)
[root@jsefler-rhel59 ~]# rpm -q subscription-manager-gui
VERIFIED: The two remaining figures have been updated to show the new System menu.
Unfortunately the timing of the captured figure depicts two installed RHEL products that should never be co-installed; see bug 854879 and/or bug 853233
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.