Bug 846408 - Media list should watch for new/deleted ISOs
Media list should watch for new/deleted ISOs
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Classification: Red Hat
Component: gnome-boxes (Show other bugs)
7.0
Unspecified Unspecified
medium Severity medium
: beta
: 7.0
Assigned To: Zeeshan Ali
Desktop QE
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-08-07 13:03 EDT by Martin
Modified: 2016-09-19 21:41 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: gnome-boxes-3.8.3-4.el7
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-06-13 07:27:47 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
gdb log (9.02 KB, text/plain)
2012-08-07 13:05 EDT, Martin
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Martin 2012-08-07 13:03:49 EDT
Description of problem:
List of available images contains images moved to another location. This leads to "Box creation failed" error.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gnome-boxes-3.4.2-1.el7.x86_64

How reproducible:
randomly
  
Actual results:
Box creation failed error.

Expected results:
Boxes should not offer (re)moved images in installation sources list.

Additional info:
(gnome-boxes:15441): Boxes-WARNING **: wizard.vala:154: Unable to start domain: cannot access file '/home/mholec/Documents/Fedora-17-i386-DVD.iso': No such file or directory
Comment 1 Martin 2012-08-07 13:05:24 EDT
Created attachment 602811 [details]
gdb log
Comment 2 Christophe Fergeau 2012-08-08 07:20:15 EDT
Can you be more specific about what you did? When you say 'images', I assume you are talking 'ISO images'?
When do you move them exactly? Do you start Boxes, go to the ISO selection step in the creation wizard, then switch to a terminal, remove the image, and then go on with the wizard? Or are you doing something different?
This is probably related to https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=674331
Comment 3 Martin 2012-08-08 07:59:03 EDT
It was ISO image and got duplicated in list after I moved image to another location and navigated to "installation sources" screen. But I'm unable to reproduce it again.
Now I think it's a tracker bug, because ISO image stayed in list after Boxes restart, but not after host restart.
Comment 6 Zeeshan Ali 2013-07-22 13:13:51 EDT
(In reply to Martin Holec from comment #3)
> It was ISO image and got duplicated in list after I moved image to another
> location and navigated to "installation sources" screen. But I'm unable to
> reproduce it again.
> Now I think it's a tracker bug, because ISO image stayed in list after Boxes
> restart, but not after host restart.

Its very likely. Did you test after that? If not, could you now try against latest of Boxes and Tracker?
Comment 15 Zeeshan Ali 2013-12-16 10:38:18 EST
Thanks for providing the info. I am able to reproduce this on 3.8 branch but not in 3.12 so something must have fixed this. Need to now figure out what.
Comment 16 Zeeshan Ali 2013-12-16 14:52:36 EST
Alright, got the fix, need ACKs.
Comment 17 Zeeshan Ali 2013-12-18 07:59:44 EST
Martin, some acks needed from you too
Comment 19 Martin 2014-02-05 10:16:46 EST
Bug is fixed in: gnome-boxes-3.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
Comment 21 Ludek Smid 2014-06-13 07:27:47 EDT
This request was resolved in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0.

Contact your manager or support representative in case you have further questions about the request.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.