Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 847333
Permission given to a group doesn't apply to its member
Last modified: 2016-02-10 14:13:14 EST
Description of problem:
Permission given to a group doesn't apply to its member. Tested with AD as an identity provider.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
rhevm-3.1.0-11.el6ev.noarch / si13.2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add an AD domain with a User that is member of some Group to RHEV-M
2. in Configure -> System Permissions, assing PowerUserRole to the Group
3. log in as the User to UserPortal
User can access basic UserPortal only
User can acces PowerUserPortal
* when you add the User directly in Configure -> System Permissions, he can log in to PUP.
* looks related to bug 839319, bug 810400 and bug 846300.
suggest patch: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/7262/
Still present in si14 - if I apply VmCreator to a user, she can see Extended UP, however if I add it to a group, members of the group can not.
in reply to comment #2
You'r correct, this patch will enter si15.
I just verified this scenario on my development setup.