Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 848163
webadmin: 'Add Disk' dialog - 'Data Center' select-box is available in VM context
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:36:29 EST
Description of problem:
'Data Center' select-box is available when adding a disk in VM context,
i.e. 'Add' disk in Disks sub-tab (under VMs main-tab).
Consequently, 'Storage Domain' select-box is being filled according to the selected DC, instead of the VM's DC.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. VMs main-tab -> select a VM.
2. Disks sub-tab -> 'Add' disk.
* 'Data Center' select-box is visible.
* 'Storage Domain' select-box is being filled according to the selected DC,
instead of the VM's DC.
* 'Data Center' select-box shouldn't be visible.
* 'Storage Domain' select-box should be filled according to the VM's DC.
When trying to add a disk on a wrong DC, the following error message is displayed - "Error while executing action: Cannot add Virtual Machine Disk. The target Data Center does not contain the Virtual Machine Disk."
patch merged upstream:
verified on si15. fix is according to requirement.
*** Bug 854354 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***