Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 850797
File calc64.h not found in kernel-devel package.
Last modified: 2014-09-29 11:33:02 EDT
Description of problem:
File calc64.h not found in kernel-devel package in RHEL 5.8, but was available in RHEL 5.7.
* RHEL 5.8 package version: kernel-devel-2.6.18-308.8.2.el5
* RHEL 5.7 package version: kernel-devel-2.6.18-274.el5
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
When building foreign kernel modules, in this case "deadman" module for serviceguard, compilation fails because file calc64.h is not found.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get a module source that depends on calc64.h
2. Try to build it.
Module does not build.
Module gets built.
* Changing linux/calc64.h for asm/div64.h in source code enables the build.
* ServiceGuard installs correctly in RHEL 5.7 but not in 5.8 due to this issue. This can become a problem for an important customer that we have.
This bug/component is not included in scope for RHEL-5.11.0 which is the last RHEL5 minor release. This Bugzilla will soon be CLOSED as WONTFIX (at the end of RHEL5.11 development phase (Apr 22, 2014)). Please contact your account manager or support representative in case you need to escalate this bug.
Thank you for submitting this request for inclusion in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. We've carefully evaluated the request, but are unable to include it in RHEL5 stream. If the issue is critical for your business, please provide additional business justification through the appropriate support channels (https://access.redhat.com/site/support).