Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 855472
Creating a PReP partition is not required when manually partitioning during an install
Last modified: 2012-10-10 16:10:36 EDT
Created attachment 610853 [details]
Description of problem:
Installation fails when installing the bootloader because no PReP partition was created during a manual partitioning.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go into Installation Destination screen
2. Click Let me review & customize the partitioning of the disks anyway.
3. Delete the previous installation manually.
4. Create a 500mb /boot partition
5. Create a 2gb swap partition
6. Create a 28gb / partition
7. Click finish partitioning
System installs until it gets to the installing bootloader phase and then fails.
Show an error to the user during the partitioning phase.
Created attachment 612278 [details]
Created attachment 612279 [details]
Created attachment 612282 [details]
Created attachment 612283 [details]
Are you still seeing this error?
I am not seeing this on anaconda-18.14-1.