Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 856841
kernel crash during cinnamon desktop usage- acpi_processor_set_throttling , schedule_timeout
Last modified: 2013-03-15 11:43:27 EDT
Description of problem:
While using the cinnamon desktop, machine was dumped to text console with the trace shown in the photo.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Linux f18 3.6.0-0.rc4.git2.1.fc18.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 7 12:36:02 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Machine worked OK for some hours before this crash.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot above kernel
2. using desktop
3. multiple nautiluss, gedits, gnome-terminals, mock
4. maybe switching between windows, or trying to paste text.
dropped to text mode with on screen trace. machine halted
- My internet bandwidth is capped. possible to do with slow internet responses.
- the desktop is really slow, eg swapping between windows takes 2x seconds. Copy and paste (1 line) within gedit might take 2 seconds for it to show.
- the laptop fan HP ProBook 6550b is running all the time and sometimes speeding up without the machine doing any real work (eg typing this bug).
Created attachment 612288 [details]
photo of crash info
Are you still seeing this with the latest kernel-3.6.6 update?
Closing insufficient data as needinfo has been set for some time with no response.