Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 859977
Systems > $system > Content > Packages: Errors should bubble up to the system notification level
Last modified: 2014-03-18 13:38:00 EDT
Description of problem:
Failure of a Package Group (and/or likely just a Package itself) only appears in a small portion of the UI pane itself. Such errors should bubble up to the notifications layer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
CloudForms System Engine Version: 1.1.12-7.el6cf
Every time (if you can force an error, which, well, pretty much happens for me every time)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register a system and sync/promote relevant content
2. Systems > $system > Content > Packages
3. Chose Package Groups radio button
4. Enter "Development Tools" in the field and +Add
5. Do something that would cause the remote system to fail to get packages, such as power off, kill network, etc.
6. Submit; wait for eventual timeout
"Add Package Group Error"; clicking this provides some minor detail about failure. However, these errors do not bubble up to the larger Notifications UI. The message about scheduling it does, but the results (failure and probably pass) do not.
These messages should bubble up to Notification UI
This bug was closed because of a lack of activity. If you feel this bug should be reconsidered for attention please feel free to re-open the bug with a comment stating why it should be reconsidered.