Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 860975
Review javadoc destribution
Last modified: 2015-08-09 21:27:32 EDT
Now customers can download jboss-epp-doc-5.2.2.zip . It includes lots of javadoc but most of them are private APIs and should not be used by user applications.
We need to review javadoc destribution for the future releases. The steps would be like the following:
1. Stop shipping the javadoc destribution
2. Figure out what are the public (supportable) APIs which customers can use
3. Ship only javadoc for public APIs
The current customer guidance by GSS is :
- JSR-168/286 API is supported
- Any other API(org.gatein/org.exoplatform) is not officially supported. We don't recommend to use, but users can use it on thier own.
-> Exceptionally, APIs introduced in Reference Guide are supported
--> Organization API(org.exoplatform.services.organization)