Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 863508
[guided editor] Adding 'From' element breaks the editor
Last modified: 2014-10-26 21:14:07 EDT
Description of problem:
After adding 'From ...' to rule LHS the RHS disappears.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
always, independent of the rule contents
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open Bakruptcy history from mortgages sample repo
2. add 'From ...' conditional element
WHEN section disappears.
Should work as it used to.
This is a regression against ER1. Some change between ER1 and ER2 must have caused this.
The "from" clause has two parts:-
(1) The Fact type you are selecting "from" something. If the Fact Type is not available the whole "from" section is locked (but can be deleted).
(2) The "from" listbox. This is not frozen if the bound fact is not available (this allows you to delete the erroneous type without deleting the whole "from" section). If you pick a type that is not available you do not get any child-fields (if applicable).
I thought this the better approach.
Hello Micheal, I don't understand how your comment relates to the bug. I suspect you didn't successfully reproduce it. Here is more detailed list of steps to reproduce with Bankruptcy history rule:
1. click 'Add condition' (any green plus img)
2. select 'From ...' item in the dialog
3. click OK
Now, not only the From CE is not added, also the THEN section completely disappears and cannot be edited anymore. The rule can be recovered by reopening without saving the changes.
Following attachments illustrate the problem.
Created attachment 623424 [details]
Created attachment 623425 [details]
Yes I fully understood this bug and was able to reproduce it with ease. It was a regression caused by the changes made to allow you to delete frozen sections of the guided rule editor when the Fact Type does not exist anymore.
A fix has been pushed. My comment#1 explained behavior when you come to test.
With kind regards,
Great, thanks! Misinterpretation was on my side. I'll verify with the next build.
Fix verified in ER3.
Thank you for the doc text information. I have just altered the text for Release Notes documentation purposes.