Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 864920
Error message instead of Edit task form Window if use special character "&" in Task Name
Last modified: 2014-10-26 21:13:04 EDT
Description of problem:
If use special character "&" in Task Name (property of human task) then Error alert is displayed instead of Edit task form window
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
BRMS 5.3.1 ER2, designer 2.3.1-DEV
Everytime when use special character "&" in Task Name (property of human task)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create new process (Start->human task-> end)
2. set property Task Name to "task&name"
3. generate task form
4. validate (it is ok)
5. focus on human task and choose icon "Edit Task Form"
Alert "Error initiating Form Editor : [Exception... "An invalid or illegal string was specified" code: "12" nsresult: "0x8053000c (SyntaxError)" location: "http://localhost:8080/designer/lib/ext-2.0.2/ext-all.js Line: 14"]"
in case that "&" is invalid:
- validator marks human task by alert "Task Name is invalid."
- do not generate task form for this human task
in case that "&" is valid:
- display window which allow to edit task form
Fixed in master. Raise blocker flag if needs to be included in 5.3.1
Fix committed to 2.3.x Designer branch
*** Bug 866862 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Verified for: EAP 5.1, deployable BRMS 5.3.1 ER4, designer 2.3.1-DEV