Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 872828
[Indic] Rendering of dependent vowel is different in 'label' and text field
Last modified: 2013-07-02 21:11:57 EDT
Created attachment 637541 [details]
Screenshot with firefox and Gedit
Description of problem:
There is problem of Rendering Dependent vowel in firefox, which is rendered differently in Label and Text label. First tested with Bengali (bn_IN) language only.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open http://utrrs-testing.rhcloud.com/language/bn_IN/ in firefox (with harfbuzz and fedora 18)
2. check following entries
3. Check 3th (Character) and 4th (Text) column.
4. There is no Dotted circle in Text Field, but in Character column
5. Other Dependent vowel sign, dotted circle appear properly. (example case 5, 52,53 etc)
dotted circle (indication of dependent vowel sign) appears for some unicode characters, but not for other
it should appear for all Dependent sign (as in gedit it is working, which is now using harfbuzz)
1. Screenshot with firefox and gedit
2. Character column and Gedit rendering is same, so bug is filed for firefox
Thanks. Can you please test it with a binary firefox downloaded from mozilla.com?
Created attachment 706393 [details]
Screenshot with fix
it is working with latest Aurora built and also in-built Fedora browser.
CLOSING this bug as current release.