Description of problem:
While installing, anaconda does not offer the option to prepare a GPT harddisk, namely:
- to specify the use of GUID Partition Table (GPT) instead of MBR, when partitioning the disk during install
- to create an ESP partition (/boot/efi), identify it with the proper partition type and, if new, format it properly (according to latest UEFI specification requirements)
- install a GPT-aware disk utility during install (such as gdisk or gparted), by default
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start installation via CD
2. Choose "Basic storage devices" for storage
3. Choose "Create Custom Layout"
4. Try to prepare a GPT disk, including a bootable one (main).
There are no options for preparing GPT disks, including bootable ones.
- Options for preparing GPT disks should be present.
- The use of GPT should be the DEFAULT for newer systems which are able to handle them.
- anaconda should install a GPT-aware disk utility by default, instead of fdisk (gdisk, gparted)
- Documentation should be updated accordingly (including best practices for partitioning GPT disks, latest UEFI specification compliant).
While Red Hat welcomes bug reports on Red Hat products here in our public
bugzilla database, please keep in mind that bugzilla is not a support tool or
means of accessing support. If you would like technical support please visit
our support portal at access.redhat.com or call us for information on
subscription offerings to suit your needs.