Description of problem:
I installed openstack in a distributed way, Meaning a single service per Host/VM.
I'd expect that all the packages needed for me to configure and run that service, to be installed by dependency.
Based on: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_OpenStack_Preview/2/html-single/Getting_Started_Guide/index.html
I installed glance on a single host, started the openstack-glance-registry and openstack-glance-api .
The logs were filled with errors.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Follow: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_OpenStack_Preview/2/html-single/Getting_Started_Guide/index.html#idm47720984
2. tail -f /var/log/glance/*
1. The package python-keystoneclient not installed.
2. The package python-keystone not installed.
3. both glance-registry and glance-api errors:
DEBUG glance.common.config [-] Loading glance-api-keystone from /etc/glance/glance-api-paste.ini load_paste_app /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/glance/common/config.py:184
ERROR eventlet.wsgi.server [-] SIGTERM or SIGINT received
openstack-utils in not installed.
1. The package python-keystoneclient should be installed.
2. The package python-keystone should be installed.
3. No Errors in glance-api and glance-registry logs.
(In reply to comment #0)
> Expected results:
> 1. The package python-keystoneclient should be installed.
why is that? I don't see keystoneclient used in Glance Folsom, it is a glanceclient dep which should pull it in
> 2. The package python-keystone should be installed.
that's required for authtoken middleware, bug 881810 comment 4
Done by Martin in openstack-glance-2012.2.1-2.el6ost
Verified with: openstack-glance
# yum install openstack-glance
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.