Bug 901651 - Fedora 17 -> Fedora 18 upgrade leaves mdmonitor-takeover.service turd
Fedora 17 -> Fedora 18 upgrade leaves mdmonitor-takeover.service turd
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: mdadm (Show other bugs)
18
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jes Sorensen
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-01-18 13:12 EST by Jonathan Kamens
Modified: 2014-04-08 05:15 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-01-21 03:31:23 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Jonathan Kamens 2013-01-18 13:12:00 EST
After upgrading to Fedora 18, seeing these regularly from systemd in syslog:

Cannot add dependency job for unit mdmonitor-takeover.service, ignoring: Unit mdmonitor-takeover.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status mdmonitor-takeover.service' for details.

I have:

$ ls -l /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/mdmonitor-takeover.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 46 Jul 16  2011 /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants\
/mdmonitor-takeover.service -> /lib/systemd/system/mdmonitor-takeover.service

I imagine this is obsolete and should be cleaned up by the mdadm RPM scripts or something.
Comment 1 Jes Sorensen 2013-01-21 03:31:23 EST
Hi Jonathan,

It should be fixed in mdadm-3.2.6-10 and later. I haven't pushed it out
since we're still battling the issue in BZ#879327, however I hope we will
have a fix for it shortly.

You can workaround the issue by removing the symlink:

rm /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/mdmonitor-takeover.service

Jes
Comment 2 Laurent Rineau 2014-04-08 05:15:33 EDT
I have a F19, upgraded from F18, upgraded from F18, upgraded... (I think I started with F15 on that machine), with mdadm-3.2.6-21.fc19.x86_64, and I still see the issue. I have removed the symlink by hand.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.