Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 91475
up2date/rhn_applet using wrong DNS servers for resolution
Last modified: 2012-06-20 12:11:53 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.7 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20030131
Description of problem:
I'm running RH9 on a laptop with different "profiles". My RHN demo account was
originally registered on my office network where the DNS resolvers are in the
10.x.x.x address space. However, my home network uses my ISP's resolvers on
public address space. I've noticed that rhnsd/rhn_applet/up2date cannot
correctly resolve www.rhns.redhat.com (via tcpdump), as it's trying to use the
I tried to "reset" my settings by restarting rhnsd, no luck. Tried to find the
cached DNS information by performing a recursive grep on /etc and /var, but
couldn't find anything.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run rhn_applet
Actual Results: Unable to connect to RHN.
Expected Results: Connect to RHN.
Thank you for submitting this issue for consideration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The release for which you requested us to review is now End of Life.
Please See https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
If you would like Red Hat to re-consider your feature request for an active release, please re-open the request via appropriate support channels and provide additional supporting details about the importance of this issue.