Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 91582
Error: Unable to restore run data (1)
Last modified: 2013-06-24 11:32:14 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
Description of problem:
Clean install of Red Hat 9. All packages selected during install on this
development machine. Errata updates applied fully up to Saturday May 24, 2003. I
decided I would not use webalizer so I did rpm -e webalizer. The later decided I
would use it and did up2date webalizer. Webalizer downloaded and installed with
no errors. When visiting the URL www.xenobyte.net/usage/ after the default
install I saw stats as expected. After removing and readding and returning to
that URL there is only two images...no other files or expected output. So I ran
webalizer as root and the output returned was "Error: Unable to restore run data
(1)". So I once again rpm -e webalizer. This time I went in and manually removed
all rpmsave files associated with webalizer and made sure rpm did not leave old
webalizer files around. So I deleted the /var/lib/webalizer dir as well. Again
performed an up2date webalizer and still have the same unexpected results. I can
reproduce this effect on a totally seperate machine as well. The
/etc/webalizer.conf file was not altered in any way.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Explained in description.
2. rpm -e webalizer
3. up2date webalizer
4. run webalizer as root
Actual Results: Error: Unable to restore run data (1)
Expected Results: I should have see a webpage when visiting
http://www.xenobyte.net/usage with statistics from the log files. I checked that
logfiles and their paths were correct. They are present and correct path listed
in the default webalizer.conf file.
It also creates errors when run-parts /etc/cron.daily runs from cron.
Specifically the same error I get manually.
This is not a bug. I figured it out. When vitual hosts have log file names and
location specified in the httpd.conf file the default /var/log/httpd/access.log
is not written to. That log file is the default log file used in the
/etc/webalizer.conf file. So by setting the correct log file path and name in
/etc/webalizer.conf and re-running webalizer the errors stop and the expected
results, including webalizer outputs occur. Sorry to have wasted everyones time!