Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 968217
webadmin: for LSM, if a vm is a thin copy and the target domain is inactive we give an alert that the template does not exist on any of the domains
Last modified: 2016-02-10 12:12:33 EST
Created attachment 754264 [details]
Description of problem:
if we try to LSM a disk and the target dst domain is inactive, if the vm is a thin provision copy (based on template) we get an alert that the vm template does not exist on any of the domains.
if the vm is an independent image we get a correct alert that no active domains were found.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. in iscsi storage, create 2 domains located on different storage servers
2. create a vm from template and run it
3. block connectivity to the dst domain from all hosts using iptables
4. once the domain becomes inactive try to LSM the vm disk
5. move the mouse to the greyed out domain on the dialogue.
we get the following error:
The template that the VM is based on does not exist on any active storage domain.
before checking if the template exists on any of the domain we should probably query the domains status.
Additional info: screen shot
The message is:
The template that the VM is based on does not exist on any *active* storage domain.
It clearly states that there should be a template on an active target domain.