Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 970051
“iscsiadm -R” failed rescan session running through the target
Last modified: 2017-12-06 06:00:20 EST
Description of problem: “iscsiadm -R” failed rescan session running through the target
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. on storage server create target (T = target1) and lun (lun = lun1)
2. from client, perform iscsi login command to target1 (provide iscsi login command)
3. on storage server, create additional lun (lun = lun2) under target1
4. from client (i.e, initiator) perform and iscsi login command to the same target (target1)
During investigation we found following:
“multipath -ll” command nothing show, or show old connections and not relevant information
“vgs” command nothing show, or show old connections and not relevant information
“iscsiadm -m session -R” not reload a new information about LUN's
“multipath -r” not reload a new connections
1. disconnect from all iSCSI session
* iscsiadm -m session -u
* iscsiadm -m node -o delete
2. manually reconnect again
* iscsiadm -m discoverydb --discover -t st -p 10.35.160.107
* iscsiadm -m node -l -T iqn.1992-04.com.emc:cx.ckm00121000438.a6
* iscsiadm -m node -l -T iqn.1992-04.com.emc:cx.ckm00121000438.a7
* iscsiadm -m node -l -T iqn.1992-04.com.emc:cx.ckm00121000438.b6
* iscsiadm -m node -l -T iqn.1992-04.com.emc:cx.ckm00121000438.b7
client doesn't see new lun in multipath
Created attachment 756280 [details]
## Logs rhevm, vdsm
Thread-212::DEBUG::2013-05-27 13:46:45,077::misc::83::Storage.Misc.excCmd::(<lambda>) '/usr/bin/sudo -n /sbin/iscsiadm -m session -R' (cwd None)
This request was not resolved in time for the current release.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if still desired, for consideration in
the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Is this issue still reproducible?
Kevin, Please try to reproduce and update.
(In reply to Aharon Canan from comment #7)
> Kevin, Please try to reproduce and update.
I checked with the following code:
I ran the following scenario:
1. Created a new lun on target
2. From the host ran "multipath -ll" - The newly created LUN is not displayed
3. from the host ran "iscsiadm -m session -R" - Now the newly added LUN is displayed
can You try to reproduce it on RHEL? I was unable to do so with RHEL-6.7. Multipath and iscsiadm are displaying the second LUN correctly.
(In reply to Martin Hoyer from comment #9)
> Hi Kevin,
> can You try to reproduce it on RHEL? I was unable to do so with RHEL-6.7.
> Multipath and iscsiadm are displaying the second LUN correctly.
Although we are testing RHEVM, the hypervisor is running on top of RHEL 7.2
In that case we used RHEL only to reproduce (as stated in the reproduction steps).
Yes but reproduction steps were made in RHEL-6.4.
According to comment 8 the iscsiadm refresh is working well - bug is open against the iscsi-initiator-utils.
Are you sure that multipath is not displaying the second LUN even after multipath -r ?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 is in the Production 3 Phase. During the Production 3 Phase, Critical impact Security Advisories (RHSAs) and selected Urgent Priority Bug Fix Advisories (RHBAs) may be released as they become available.
The official life cycle policy can be reviewed here:
This issue does not meet the inclusion criteria for the Production 3 Phase and will be marked as CLOSED/WONTFIX. If this remains a critical requirement, please contact Red Hat Customer Support to request a re-evaluation of the issue, citing a clear business justification. Note that a strong business justification will be required for re-evaluation. Red Hat Customer Support can be contacted via the Red Hat Customer Portal at the following URL: