From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.75 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U)
Description of problem:
- Rebuilt base system on new dasd pack.
- Downloaded rhn_register and up2date packages (4 of them ... for some reason they're not installed as part of default).
- Installed the non-gnome packages (2 out of 4 packages).
- tried running up2date -l but it kept barking about rhn_register
- ran rhn_register
- checked RHN system on web: https://rhn.redhat.com/network/systems/system_list/visible_to_user.pxt
- found 2 updsch systems.
- deleted old updsch system from RHN list (click on system name, and then click delete-system button/link at top of page).
- ran "up2date --show-all" and that seemed to work
- afterwards tried to run "up2date -l" and got same message about not having the gpg key and told to run the following:
/usr/bin/gpg --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
- ran the above command
- tried "up2date -l --nox" again and got:
Getting headers for skipped packages...
There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The message was:
404: "Not Found" while attempting to get
- also tried "up2date -u --nox" with same result
- updated to kernel-2.4.9-38 material manually from mplinux1 updates copy ... .
- ran "up2date -l" again and this time it worked.
BTW: the kernel 2.4.9-38 stuff does show up in the list of packages from the "up2date --show-all".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
closed due to lack of interest