Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 970753
New Host Group > Environments: (possibly empty?) environments appear alongside content definition views
Last modified: 2014-06-19 15:07:46 EDT
Description of problem:
I'm not sure of the exact best way that we should display this; all I know is that it is confusing.
If a user creates multiple Environments (dev, qe, stage, prod) and then creates/promotes a content view definition (CVD) to an environment, this CVD inexplicably shows up alongside all the environments you have created with otherwise no differentiation.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In katello, create a promotion path, dev -> qe -> stage -> prod
2. Sync RHEL content and create a CVD; publish it; promote this CVD to dev.
3. In foreman, More > Configuration > Host Groups > New Host Group
4. Go to the Environment dropdown and view its contents
Not exactly sure, but here are some ideas
* Don't show environments which have no published CVDs?
* Don't show environments at all, opting instead to prepend an environment name to the CVD, i.e., "[Dev] published_def"?
* Somehow otherwise differentiate definitions from the environments themselves?
Created attachment 756927 [details]
This seems to be the case in Chrome/webkit. Firefox correctly indents the CVD, i.e.,
This is from the old UI, and is not relevant. We are closing based on that. If you feel this was done in error, please reopen.