Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 971843
RFE: warn when configuring of current and default zone differs
Last modified: 2013-08-03 20:08:48 EDT
Description of problem:
usecase: user has changed the zone on his network connection (using either CLI or applet GUI) and then he is makes changes (using `firewall-cmd`) to running configuration without specifying current zone. In result new configuration has no effect.
warn user if default and running zone differs on any interface and [--zone <zone>] parameter is needed.
agreed on as follows:
* in verbose mode active zones and default zones (but be sure to prefer the least terminal-polluting with regard to other verbose information)
* in non-verbose mandatorily show _warning_ message IF default and active zone differs on any firewalld-relevant interface
* suppress if using [--quiet]
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
see in description
warn the user on stdout
(In reply to Tomáš Doležal from comment #0)
> * in verbose mode active zones and default zones (but be sure to prefer the
> least terminal-polluting with regard to other verbose information)
I haven't added verbose mode yet. I've seen more requests that firewall-cmd could be more verbose and I'll think more about it.
> * in non-verbose mandatorily show _warning_ message IF default and active
> zone differs on any firewalld-relevant interface
> * suppress if using [--quiet]
firewalld-0.3.4-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing firewalld-0.3.4-1.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
firewalld-0.3.4-1.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.