Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 97345
cd icon twice on desktop
Last modified: 2015-01-07 19:05:25 EST
Description of problem:
first of all, I don't know if I choose the right component. Anyway this is a
annoying bug for me.
Everytime I put a data CD in my drive, I get the cd icon twice. If I umount the
cdrom then, one icon stays on the desktop. After ten cd's I have then ten icons
on my screen.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
pakages from RH 9.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. get a second graphiccard and a second monitor
2. configurate the second graphiccard and monitor in your XF86Config, don't use
3. start your X-Windows with gnome 2.2
4. put a data cd in your cdrom drive
5. mount your cdrom (just in case you don't use automount)
you see the cdrom icon twice (in my case I do since RH Phobe)
just one cdrom icon
This is fixed in gnome 2.3, but its sort of hard to fix in gnome 2.2
2.3 now in rawhide.